Sunday, September 5, 2010

Fabric Mosaic Quilt

I finished machine binding this quilt today.  It took me 2.5 hours to bind this quilt from start to finish! Pat Sloan's tutorial was perfect!  I know it would have taken me three times as long to hand stitch the back binding of this quilt had I not known about this technique. 





Here's the back view of the quilt!  The top stitches were in line with the bottom stitches most of the time.







The stiletto proved to be quite useful in guilding the binding as I sew.


And here's the quilt that was set aside for a year!



This is a fabric mosaic quilt of my daughter.  Don't forget to squint your eyes when you look at it.  That will make the features more pronounced!   I posted the WIP of this quilt at my Chinese Blog.  Click here for Part I.  Click here for Part II.



4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's amazing and gorgeous. I never knew to squint my eyes at a mosaic quilt. Did you send the your daughter's photo to Mr. Liou and have him translate it into numbers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt is wonderful. I'm just amazed by the process. I didn't even need to squint my eyes to see your daughter's face. Just awesome!

    ReplyDelete