Friday, November 12, 2010

Machine Quilting Class

October marked the startup of my advanced level machine quilting certification class!  We started off the class by practicing rotary cutting and piecing to make hour glass, half triangles, flying geese, and others.  For my block I used mostly Rowan fabric, and I was happy with the result!



The second project was to use the stack and shuffle technique with 4 fabrics to make a pillowcase.  For this , my color inspiration came from some projects I saw in Flickr!  


Here's my interpretation of black and white with a touch of red!




It's raining today!  So it'll be a great day to stay indoors and sew!


                             



4 comments:

  1. You do some very nice work. I really like the Rowan fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the festive color in the first block and the random fabric arrangement in the second. Are you putting all these blocks together into one quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind comments, everybody! The top block is a stand-alone practice block. The black/white one at the bottom is being made into a pillow! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both blocks but the first one is something special for me - you really use those fabrics so well.

    ReplyDelete