Monday, April 25, 2011

Innocent Crush + Block Party

After a long search at my LQS I was able to purchase my first stash of Anna Maria Horner fabric!



Five yards of Innocent Crush combined with the quilt top I made with these blocks will result in my 2nd sampler quilt.  Instead of plain borders, I've challenged myself to make a pieced border for this quilt.



Here's the first audition of border design:






Second border design looked better:



                                                          (KF shot cotton for sashing)


Close-ups of my paper pieced borders:




  
                      --    some block centers were pieced with 2 or                   
                           more different fabric!


 




It took me several hours to tear off all the paper from the border.  A tedious task but worth the precision paper piecing provided for this beginning quilter.



I'm using Innocent Crush as my quilt backing.  I've sandwiched my sampler quilt and am in the process of machine quilting.   Hopefully by the end of May I'll have a finished quilt to show everyone!

Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment