Here's what my practice pad looks like. The gentle waves on the far right were easy to quilt as well as the "DNAs". The rest of the practice was on ribbons. I experiemented with different types of thread and tension setting. The black thread is 100% rayon embroidery thread. The thread kept on breaking and I even broke a needle!! Should I have used an embroidery needle? Overall I like the red quilting threads the best. They're sturdy and don't break as easily.
For this quilt I used: 喜佳quilting thread, bobbin thread is regular sewing thread and size 14 needle.
This is the beginning of the 1st strip - gentle wiggles followed by ribbons.
This is the end of the 1st strip: "DNA" design. I need more practice on this!
This is the beginning of the 2nd strip: gentle wiggles with leaves. I'm pleased with this especially since this was my first attempt! :)
This is the end of the 2nd strip: don't know what to call this, but it looks like waves to me!
This the backing of my quilt! As I mentioned in my previous post I used a one-sided fusible batting for this project. The quilt top is quite secured and smooth after quilting the two strips, but there's a problem with the backing. There are now ripples in the back of the quilt even though I spray basted the backing fabric to the batting.