Wednesday, September 22, 2010

FMQA - Second Week Lines and Angles

This week's assignment  - lines and angles


I had to make a new practice pad for this week's assignment because the designs that Christina showed us are just so much fun to practice!


After this practice run I even quilted some of these designs on the back panel of  a WIP sewing case.

Hmm... I petted and praised the sewing case on a job well done because I couldn't believe how well it turned out.

Now I feel confident enough to quilt my top!



Sorry that you can't see the quilting.  My thread kind of blended in too well with the fabric!  Thread:  Sulky variegated quilting thread.  Needle size: #14.  Tension =4.5


vertical lines (quilt top)
The backing shows the quilted designs better than the quilt top. 

vertical lines (quilt backing)


I'm learning so much and having lots of fun with this quilt along.  Thank you, Christina!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your tension and thread type. It's a good reference for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome practice piece! You are doing great. I need to get to work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you are so welcome! Your little leaves are charming!

    ReplyDelete